If you’re about to purchase a cooktop (AKA hob), you should know how to clean it properly. Cleaned with excessively abrasive material, or chemical cleaners, one may damage the protective layer on the top of the glass cooktop.
Typical Cleaning Method
- Let the hob cool. Using a damp cloth, remove all loose dirt.
- Using the cooktop cleaner of your choice, follow the instructions. Use a damp cloth to wipe away the excess dirt from your hob
Natural Cleaning Method
- Let the cooktop cool. Using a damp cloth, remove all loose dirt.
- Soak a cleaning cloth in hot soapy water. While the cloth is soaking, generously sprinkle baking soda over your cooktop.
- Place the cleaning cloths over the cooktop and let is rest for 15-30mins.
- Gently wipe the induction hob clean.
Heavy Duty Cleaning Method
- If you haven’t been religious about cleaning your hob regularly, you may have grease caked onto the top of your hob. In this case, you would need to conduct some heavy duty cleaning of the cooktop. First, allow the hob to cool. Then, using a damp cloth, remove all loose dirt.
- Using a scrapper designed for glass and ceramic cooktops, scrape the surface of the cooktop at a 45 degree angle, taking care to not apply too much pressure.
- For hard water stains, dampen a cloth with white vinegar, then rub the affected area. Wipe the area clean with a wet cloth thereafter.
Here at Perfect Home Imports, we provide the latest in induction cooktop technology, direct from Europe. We have a wide variety of hobs, with the following attributes and more:
Our range of induction hobs include the examples below. Learn more about each brand at our blog.